Advanced Dimensional Control on Washing Machine Sealing through Profilometry
In this paper, the development of a 3D profilometry system and its use in a real application on washing machine production line are treated. The goal is to conjugate advanced image processing technologies with low cost requirements, which are needed for the household appliances industries, since they have to face the competitive market issues. The task of the implemented system concerns the realization of a completely automatic station for the dimensional quality control in production line: this is necessary for the assessment of correct seal insertion in the washing machine rear tub. This station performs a non-contact measurement of the seal profile without the presence of the operator and it communicates with the conveyor layout and supervision system. In order to validate the on-line measurements performed by the system, a comparison with the 3D Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) has been carried out. The uncertainty analysis is reported in this article from the metrological point of view.
KeywordsHousehold Appliance Wash Machine Metrological Point Tub1 Tub2 Tub3 Household Appliance Industry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Romano, E., Santillo, L.C., Zoppoli, P.: WSEAS Transactions on Systems and Control 4(2), 65–76 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Torcianti, B., Cristalli, C., Vass, J.: Proc. 6th IEEE Int. Symp. SDEMPED 2007, Cracow, Poland, pp. 297–301 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Cesetti, A., Scotti, C.P., Di Buń, G., Angione, G., Lattanzi, L., Cristalli, C., Longhi, S.: 6th annual IEEE Conf. on Automation Science and Engineering, Toronto, Canada, pp. 855–860 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Castellini, P., Bruni, A., Paone, N.: Optical Measurement Systems for Industrial Inspection V, Proceedings, vol. 6616, Munich, Germany (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Denise, F.R., Damaschini, B.: Applied Optics 35(7), 1161–1166 (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Olsen, W.S., Adams, R.M.: Journal of Geophysical Research 75(12), 2185–2187 (1970)Google Scholar
- 7.Xu, B., Cuminato, D.F., Keyes, N.M.: Textile Research Journal 68(12), 900–906 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, H.S., Cho, T.F.: Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering 35(4), 299–318 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Doebelin, E.O.: Measurement systems: application and design, 5th edn. McGraw-Hill, Boston (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.ISO/IEC Guide 98-3 (2008)Google Scholar