Facial Features Extraction for Color, Frontal Images
The problem of facial characteristic features extraction is discussed. Several methods of features extraction for color en–face photographs are discussed. The methods are based mainly on the colors features related to the specific regions of the human face. The usefulness of presented methods was tested on a database of en–face photographs consisting of 100 photographs.
KeywordsFeature Extraction Face Image Position Estimation Face Recognition System Face Photograph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lisek, M.: Person identification employing face biometrical features. Disertation, Gdańsk University of Technology (2010) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 5.Sobottka, K., Pitas, I.: Face localization and facial feature extraction based on shape and color information. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Image Processing, vol. 3, pp. 483–486 (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Sobottka, K., Pitas, I.: A fully automatic approach to facial feature detection and tracking. In: Proceedings of First International Conference on Audio and Video based Biometric Person Authentication (AVBPA), pp. 77–84 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.van Huan, N.B., Nguyen, T.H., Hakil, K.: Eye feature extraction using K-means clustering for low illumination and iris color variety. In: 11th International Conference on Control Automation Robotics and Vision (ICARCV), pp. 633–637 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Wen-Tao, W., Chao, X., Hong-Wei, S.: Eye localization based on hue image processing. In: International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication Systems, ISPACS 2007, pp. 730–733 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Kun, P., Liming, C., Su, R., Kukharev, G.: A robust algorithm for eye detection on gray intensity face without spectacles. Journal of Computer Science and Technology (2005)Google Scholar