Investigate Spectrum-Sliced WDM System for FTTH Network
In this paper, we have investigated the performance of spectrumsliced WDM system for FTTH network using NRZ modulation format with 2.5 Gb/s bit rates and 0.4-nm channel spacing. The bit-error-rate (BER) measured against the received optical power is considered as the criterion of the system performance. The simulation results of proposed system were compared with those of conventional system, and found that the NRZ modulation format performs well for 2.5 Gb/s system bit rates. In addition, the total number of multiplexed channels can be increased greatly in spectrum-sliced WDM technique. Therefore, 0.4-nm channel spacing spectrum-sliced WDM system is well suited for the Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) network.
KeywordsLED WDM spectral slicing NRZ modulation format FTTH
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yoshida, S., Kuwano, S., Takachio, N., Iwashita, K.: 10 Gb/S C_10 Channel WDM Transmission Experiment Over 1200 Km With Repeater Spacing 100 Km Without Gain Equalization Or Pre-Emphasis. OFC. Paper, TuD6 (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Dutta, A.K., Dutta, N.K., Fujiwara, M.: WDM Technologies, Active Optical Components, p. 315. Academic press of Elsevier Science, Oxford (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Lee, H.-K., Lee, H.-J., Lee, C.-H.: A low cost WDM-PON using spectrum sliced F-P LDs with Cyclic Arrayed Waveguide Gratings. In: COIN - ACOFT 2007, Melbourne, Australia (June 2007) ISBN 978-0-9775657-3-3Google Scholar
- 6.Wagner, S.S., Lemberg, H.L.: Technology And System Issues For A Wdm-Based Fiber Loop Architecture. Journal Of Lightwave Technology, 1759-1768 (1989)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, J.S., Chung, Y.C., Giovanni, D.J.D.: spectrum-Sliced Fiber Amplifier Light Source For Multi-Channel WDM Applications. IEEE Photon. Lett., 1458–1461 (May 1993)Google Scholar
- 9.Zimgibl, M., Joyner, C.H., Stulz, L.W., Dragone, C., Presby, H.M., Kaminow, I.P.: Larnet, A Local Access Route1 Network. IEEE Photon. Lett., 215–217 (July 1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Shtaif, M., Eiselt, M., Garrett, L.D.: Cross-Phase Modulation Distortion Measurement In Multispan Wdm Systems. IEEE Photon. Lett., 88–90 (2000)Google Scholar