CVC4 is the latest version of the Cooperating Validity Checker. A joint project of NYU and U Iowa, CVC4 aims to support the useful feature set of CVC3 and SMT-LIBv2 while optimizing the design of the core system architecture and decision procedures to take advantage of recent engineering and algorithmic advances. CVC4 represents a completely new code base; it is a from-scratch rewrite of CVC3, and many subsystems have been completely redesigned. Additional decision procedures for CVC4 are currently under development, but for what it currently achieves, it is a lighter-weight and higher-performing tool than CVC3. We describe the system architecture, subsystems of note, and discuss some applications and continuing work.
KeywordsDecision Procedure Node Data Proof Rule Node Manager Node Object
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Barrett, C., Deters, M., Oliveras, A., Stump, A.: SMT-COMP 2010: the 2010 edition of the satisfiability modulo theories competition, http://www.smtcomp.org/2010/
- 3.Barrett, C., Dill, D., Levitt, J.: Validity checking for combinations of theories with equality, pp. 187–201. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Dutertre, B., de Moura, L.: The YICES SMT solver, http://yices.csl.sri.com/tool-paper.pdf
- 13.Moskewicz, M.W., Madigan, C.F., Zhao, Y., Zhang, L., Malik, S.: Chaff: Engineering an efficient sat solver. In: Annual Acm Ieee Design Automation Conference, pp. 530–535. ACM, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 15.Oe, D., Reynolds, A., Stump, A.: Fast and flexible proof checking for SMT. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Satisfiability Modulo Theories, SMT 2009, pp. 6–13. ACM, New York (2009)Google Scholar