- 2.8k Downloads
CVC4 is the latest version of the Cooperating Validity Checker. A joint project of NYU and U Iowa, CVC4 aims to support the useful feature set of CVC3 and SMT-LIBv2 while optimizing the design of the core system architecture and decision procedures to take advantage of recent engineering and algorithmic advances. CVC4 represents a completely new code base; it is a from-scratch rewrite of CVC3, and many subsystems have been completely redesigned. Additional decision procedures for CVC4 are currently under development, but for what it currently achieves, it is a lighter-weight and higher-performing tool than CVC3. We describe the system architecture, subsystems of note, and discuss some applications and continuing work.
KeywordsDecision Procedure Node Data Proof Rule Node Manager Node Object
- 2.Barrett, C., Deters, M., Oliveras, A., Stump, A.: SMT-COMP 2010: the 2010 edition of the satisfiability modulo theories competition, http://www.smtcomp.org/2010/
- 3.Barrett, C., Dill, D., Levitt, J.: Validity checking for combinations of theories with equality, pp. 187–201. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Dutertre, B., de Moura, L.: The YICES SMT solver, http://yices.csl.sri.com/tool-paper.pdf
- 13.Moskewicz, M.W., Madigan, C.F., Zhao, Y., Zhang, L., Malik, S.: Chaff: Engineering an efficient sat solver. In: Annual Acm Ieee Design Automation Conference, pp. 530–535. ACM, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 15.Oe, D., Reynolds, A., Stump, A.: Fast and flexible proof checking for SMT. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Satisfiability Modulo Theories, SMT 2009, pp. 6–13. ACM, New York (2009)Google Scholar