PAPR Reduction in OFDM by Using Modernize SLM Technique
One major Disadvantage of OFDM is the high peak-to average Power ratio (PAPR). One investigated technique Selected Mapping (SLM) is PAPR reduction techniques for Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM). In this paper we proposed a Modernize SLM (MSLM) scheme to reduce the PAPR by using the complex signal separate into real & imaginary parts and individually phase sequence multiple real as well as imaginary part of complex signal then select minimum PAPR signal of real & imaginary and these are combine. The simulation show achieves good PAPR., which is one of the strong candidate for Future wireless communication.
KeywordsOFDM PAPR SLM MSLM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abouda: A PAPR reduction of OFDM signal using turbo coding and selective mapping. In: Proceedings of the 6th Nordic Signal Processing Symposium, June 2004, pp. 248–251 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Baxley, R.J., Zhou, G.T.: Assessing "peak-to-average power ratios for communications applications". In: Proc. IEEE MILCOM Conference (October 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Chang, R.W.: Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing. U.S. Patent 3 488 445 (January 1970)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, N., Zhou, G.T.: Peak-to-average power ratio reduction in OFDM with blind selected pilot tone modulation. In: Proc. IEEE Intl. Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhou, G.T., Baxley, R.J., Chen, N.: Selected mapping with monomial phase rotations for peak-to-average power ratio reduction in OFDM. In: Proc. Intl. Conf.on Communications Circuits and Systems ( June 2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Wang, C.L., Ouyang, Y., Hsu, M.Y.: Low-complexity peak-toaverage power ratio reduction techniques for OFDM systems. Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems - Part I (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.Tellado, J.: Multicarrier Modulation with Low PAR Applications to DSL and Wireless. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (2000)Google Scholar
- 18.Cripps, S.C.: ″RF Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communications" Norwood MA Artech House (1999)Google Scholar
- 19.Jayalath, A.D.S., Tellambura, C.: ″Side information in PAR reduced PTS-OFDM signals, Personal. In: Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications conference,vol. 1, pp. 226–230 (Sept 2003)Google Scholar