Investigating the Effectiveness of Thesaurus Generated Using Tolerance Rough Set Model
We considered the tolerance matrix generated using tolerance rough set model as a kind of an associative thesaurus. The effectiveness of the thesaurus was measured using performance measures commonly used in information retrieval, recall and precision, where they were used for the terms rather than documents. A corpus consists of keywords defined as highly related with particular topic by human experts become the ground truth of this study. Analysis was conducted based on comparison values of all available sets created. Above all findings, this paper was thought as the fundamental basis that generating an automatic thesaurus using rough sets theory is a promising way. We also mentioned some directions for future study.
Keywordsrough sets tolerance rough set model thesaurus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Asian, J.: Effective Techniques for Indonesian Text Retrieval. Doctor of Philosophy Thesis. School of Computer Science and Information Technology. RMIT University (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Komorowski, J., Pawlak, Z., Polkowski, L., Skowron, A.: Rough Sets: A Tutorial. In: Rough Fuzzy Hybridization: A New Trend in Decision-Making, pp. 3–98. Springer, Singapore (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Lassila, O., McGuinness, D.: The Role of Frame-Based Representation on the Semantic Web. Technical Report KSL-01-02, Knowledge System Laboratory, Standford University (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.National Institute of Standards and Technology, http://www.nist.gov/srd/nistsd23.cfm
- 14.Vega, V.B.: Information Retrieval for the Indonesian Language. Master thesis. National University of Singapore (2001) (unpublished)Google Scholar
- 16.Virginia, G., Nguyen, H.S.: Investigating the Potential of Rough Sets Theory in Automatic Thesaurus Construction. In: 2011 International Conference on Data Engineering and Internet Technology, pp. 882–885. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2011)Google Scholar