An Approach to Intelligent Interactive Social Network Geo Mapping
Map-based visualization of different kinds of information, which can be geo-coded to a particular location, becomes more and more popular, as it is very well accepted and understood by end-users. However, a simple map interface is not enough if we aim to provide information about objects coming from vast and dynamic information spaces such as the Web or social networks are. In this paper, we propose a novel method for intelligent visualization of generic objects within a map interface called IntelliView, based on an extensive evaluation and ranking of objects including both content and collaborative-based approaches. We describe the method implementation in a web-based application called Present, which is aimed at recycling items in social networks together with an experiment aimed at evaluation of proposed approach.
Keywordssocial network content filtering map personalization visualization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gibbon, D., et al.: GeoTracker: Geospatial and Temporal RSS Navigation. In: Proc. of WWW 2007, pp. 41–50. ACM Press, Banff (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Heer, J., Boyd, D.: Vizster: Visualizing Online Social Networks. In: IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization INFOVIS 2005, pp. 33–40. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.MacEachren, A.M.: How maps work: representation, visualization, and design. The Guilford Press, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Crestani, F.: Application of spreading activation techniques in information retrieval. Artif. Intell. Rev., 453–482 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, B.: Web Data Mining: Exploring Hyperlinks, Contents, and Usage Data (Data-Centric Systems and Applications). Springer, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Page, L., Brin, S., Motwani, R., Winograd, T.: The PageRank citation ranking: Bringing order to the web. In: Proc. of the 7th International World Wide Web Conference, Brisbane, Australia, pp. 161–172 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Yang, X., Asur, S., Parthasarathy, S., Mehta, S.: A visual-analytic toolkit for dynamic interaction graphs. In: Proc. of the 14th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining KDD 2008, pp. 1016–1024. ACM, New York (2008)Google Scholar