Data-Driven Adaptive Selection of Rules Quality Measures for Improving the Rules Induction Algorithm
The proposition of adaptive selection of rule quality measures during rules induction is presented in the paper. In the applied algorithm the measures decide about a form of elementary conditions in a rule premise and monitor a pruning process. An influence of filtration algorithms on classification accuracy and a number of obtained rules is also presented. The analysis has been done on twenty one benchmark data sets.
Keywordsrules induction rules quality measures classification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Clark, P., Niblett, T.: The CN2 Induction Algorithm. Machine Learning 3(4), 261–283 (1989)Google Scholar
- 4.Cohen, W.W.: Fast effective rule induction. In: Proc. of the 12th Int. Conference ICML 1995, pp. 115–123 (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Michalski, R.S., Mozetic, I., Hong, J., Lavrac, N.: The AQ15 inductive learning system: An overview and experiments. ISG Report No. 20. Department of Computer Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1986)Google Scholar
- 9.Sikora, M.: An algorithm for generalization of decision rules by joining. Foundation on Computing and Decision Sciences 30(3), 227–239 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Stefanowski, J.: Rough set based rule induction techniques for classification problems. In: Proc. 6th European Congress of Intelligent Techniques and Soft Computing, Achen, September 7-10, vol. 1, pp. 107–119 (1998)Google Scholar