Approximation of a Coal Mass by an Ultrasonic Sensor Using Regression Rules
A method of approximation the mass of coal moving on a conveyor belt under the ultrasonic sensor that measures a height of coal pile is described in the paper. A process of defining a set of variables that affects the approximated coal mass is presented. A model of multiple regression and an algorithm of regression rules induction based on the M5 algorithm have been exploited to relate momentary values of the coal pile with the mass of moving coal.
Keywordsapplications of data mining regression rules coal weight approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Antoniak, J.: Conveyor belts in underground and surface mining (in Polish). Silesian University of Technology Press, Gliwice, Poland (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Gładysiewicz, L.: Conveyor belts. Theory and calculations. Wrocław (2003) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 6.Quinlan, J.R.: Learning with continuous classes. In: Proc. of the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI 1992), World Scientific, Singapore (1992)Google Scholar
- 7.Quinlan, J.R.: C4.5 Programs for Machine Learning. Morgan Kaufman Publishers, San Mateo, California (1992)Google Scholar
- 9.Yager, R.R., Filev, D.P.: Essential of Fuzzy Modelling and Control. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Chichester (2004)Google Scholar