Animating Our Island’s Culture – Spreading and Socializing Our Island’s Culture through Digital Animation
In this paper we’ll be presenting what is and the results of the project called “Animating our island’s culture”. The main idea behind this project is to produce animations that tells the history of the people from a city in Brazil called Florianópolis and that has contributed to create our culture. The name of this project came from the fact that the city is placed in an island. But besides aiming on producing cartoon animations, what differs this project from others projects with this same goal, is the fact that this project is focused on training young kids from low-income communities from our city, teaching them how to produce animation. This paper will show the result of the first year of this project when everything is just in the beginning and many problems have been encountered.
Keywordslearning animation low-income communities popular culture cartoon animation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística. Information, http://www.ibge.gov.br/english/
- 2.Midiaeffects. Information, http://www.mediaeffects.com.br
- 3.Programa das nações unidas para o desenvolvimento. Information, http://www.pnud.org.br/atlas/tabelas/index.php
- 4.Serviço Nacional de Aprendizado Industrial – SENAI. Information, http://www.senai.br/br/home/index.aspx
- 5.Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina em números. Information, http://www.pip.ufsc.br/arquivos/UFSC_NUMEROS_00_09.pdf
- 6.Williams, R.: The Animator Survival Toolkit. Faber and Faber, London (2001)Google Scholar