Relationship between BPM Education and Business Process Solutions: Results of a Student Contest
In order to optimize academic and outside-university education in BPM it is necessary to know how educational aspects influence the quality of BPM solutions. Information regarding this topic can rarely be found. In this paper we report on a student contest which was carried out to address this problem and gather related information. An introduction is followed by information on the contest setting, the results and findings, before concluding with a summary and a description of research to be done in the future.
KeywordsBPM S-BPM academic education professional experience BPM methods BPM tools
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fleischmann, A.: What is S-BPM? CCIS, vol. 85, pp. 85–106. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Schmidt, W., Stary, C.: Establishing an Informed S-BPM Community. CCIS, vol. 85, pp. 34–47. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Schmidt, W., Fleischmann, A., Gilbert, O.: Subjektorientiertes Geschäftsprozessmanagement, HMD – Praxis der Wirtschaftsinformatik, vol. 266, pp. 52–62. dPunkt, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Institute of Innovative Process Management, http://www.s-bpm-one.org
- 5.Metasonic AG, http://www.metasonic.de/en/metasonic-suite-overview