Advances on Watershed Processing on GPU Architecture
This paper presents an overview on the advances of watershed processing algorithms executed on GPU architecture. The programming model, memory hierarchy and restrictions are discussed, and its influence on image processing algorithms detailed. The recently proposed algorithms of watershed transform for GPU computation are examined and briefly described. Its implementations are analyzed in depth and evaluations are made to compare them both on the GPU, against a CPU version and on two different GPU cards.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Kauffmann, C., Piche, N.: A cellular automaton for ultra-fast watershed transform on GPU. In: 19th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 1–4. IEEE Computer Society, Tampa (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Körbes, A., Lotufo, R.: Analysis of the watershed algorithms based on the breadth-first and depth-first exploring methods. In: SIBGRAPI 2009, pp. 133–140. IEEE Computer Society, Rio de Janeiro (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Körbes, A., Lotufo, R.: On watershed transform: Plateau treatment and influence of the different definitions in real applications. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Systems, Signals and Image Processing, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, pp. 376–379 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Podlozhnyuk, V.: Image Convolution with CUDA. NVIDIA (June 2007), http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/sdk/website/projects/convolutionSeparable/doc/convolutionSeparable.pdf
- 11.Vitor, G.: Rastreamento de alvo móvel em mono–visão aplicado no sistema de navegação autônoma utilizando GPU. Master’s thesis, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil (March 2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Vitor, G., Ferreira, J., Körbes, A.: Fast image segmentation by watershed transform on graphical hardware. In: Proceedings of the 30ºCILAMCE. Armação dos Búzios, Brazil (November 2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Wagner, B., Godehardt, M.: Cell reconstruction on stream computing architectures. In: ISMM 2009 Abstract Book, pp. 45–48. University of Groningen (2009)Google Scholar