Artificial Bee Colony Based Mapping for Application Specific Network-on-Chip Design
A new mapping algorithm is proposed based on Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) model to solve the problem of energy aware mapping optimization in Network-on-Chip (NoC) design. The optimal mapping result can be achieved by transmission of the information among various individuals. The comparison of the proposed algorithm with Genetic Algorithm (GA) and Max-Min Ant System (MMAS) based mapping algorithm shows that the new algorithm has lower energy consumption and faster convergence rate. Simulations are carried out and the results show the ABC based method could save energy by 15.5% in MMS, 5.1% in MPEG-4 decoder and 12.9% in VOPD compared to MMAS, respectively.
KeywordsNetwork-on-Chip(NoC) mapping optimization energy consumption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Zhou, G., Yin, Y., Hu, Y., Gao, M.: NoC Mapping Based on Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm. Computer Engineering and Applications 41(18), 7–10 (2005) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 3.Lei, T., Kumar, S.: A two-step genetic algorithm for mapping task graphs to a network on chip architecture. In: Euromicro Symposium on Digital System Design, pp. 180–187 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Lei, W., Xiang, L.: Energy- and Latency-Aware NoC Mapping Based on Chaos Discrete Particle Swarm Optimization. In: 2010 International Conference on Communications and Mobile Computing (CMC), pp. 263–268 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Ding, H., Li, F.: Bee Colony Algorithm for TSP Problem and Parameter Improvement. China Science and Technology Information 03, 241–243 (2008) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 8.Hu, J., Marculescu, R.: Exploiting the routing flexibility for energy/performance aware mapping of regular NoC architectures. In: Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition, pp. 688–693 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.XingBao, L., ZiXing, C.: Artificial Bee Colony Programming Made Faster. In: Fifth International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC 2009), pp. 154–158 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Chen, X., Peh, L.-S.: Leakage power modeling and optimization in interconnection networks. In: The 2003 International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED 2003), pp. 90–95 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Van Der Tol, E.B., Jaspers, E.G.T.: Mapping of MPEG-4 decoding on a flexible architecture platform. In: SPIE - Medio. Processors, pp. 1–13 (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.Morgan, A.A., Elmiligi, H., El-KharashiF, M.W.,Gebali, F.: Multi-objective optimization for Networks-on-Chip architectures using Genetic Algorithms. In: 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 3725–3728 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Murali, S., De Micheli, G.: SUNMAP: a tool for automatic topology selection and generation for NoCs. In: 41st Proceedings of Design Automation Conference, pp. 914–919 (2004)Google Scholar