INACT — INDECT Advanced Image Cataloguing Tool
Possession of images of child sexual abuse is forbidden in most countries. The ban generally applies not only to regular citizens but to police officers and units as well. This significantly complicates gathering and presenting evidence in police investigations. This presents a requirement for computer software to overcome this problem. A potential solution to this problem is presented in the paper. The outcome of the research and development work is INACT (INDECT Advanced Image Cataloguing Tool) software.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.AccessData: Forensic Toolkit (FTK) Computer Forensics Software | AccessData, http://accessdata.com/products/forensic-investigation/ftk
- 2.de Castro Polastro, M., da Silva Eleuterio, P.M.: Nudetective: A forensic tool to help combat child pornography through automatic nudity detection. In: International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, vol. 0, pp. 349–353 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Collective work: (in polish) code of criminal procedure, (journal of laws 1997 no. 89, item 555)Google Scholar
- 4.Collective work: (in polish) penal code (journal of laws 1997 no. 88, item 553)Google Scholar
- 5.Guidance Software: Computer Forensics Solutions, Digital Investigations, e-discovery | Guidance Software, http://www.guidancesoftware.com/
- 6.ISO/IEC: Information technology – multimedia content description interface. ISO/IEC 15938 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Ludtke, A., Gottfried, B., Herzog, O., Ioannidis, G., Leszczuk, M., Simko, V.: Accessing libraries of media art through metadata. In: International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, vol. 0, pp. 269–273 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Net Applications: Operating system market share (November 2010), http://marketshare.hitslink.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=8
- 10.Shilov, A.: Microprocessor market grows moderately in the third quarter (November 2010), http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20101111195314_Microprocessor_Market_Grows_Moderately_in_the_Third_Quarter_Analysts.html
- 11.Wong, K.M., Cheung, K.W., Po, L.M.: Mirror: an interactive content based image retrieval system. In: ISCAS (2), pp. 1541–1544. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar