An SLA Support System for Cloud Computing
Nowadays, even with the existence of many Cloud Providers (CP) in the market, it is still impossible to see CPs who guarantee, or at least offer, an SLA specification to Cloud Users (CU) interests: not just offering percentage of availability, but also guaranteeing specific performance parameters for a certain Cloud application. Due to (1) the huge size of CPs’ IT infrastructures and (2) the high complexity with multiple inter-dependencies of resources (physical or virtual), the estimation of specific SLA parameters to compose Service Level Objectives (SLOs) with trustful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) tends to be inaccurate. This paper proposes the initial design and preliminary approach for an SLA Support System for CC (SLACC) in order to estimate in a formalized methodology - based on available CC infrastructure parameters - what CPs will be able to offer/accept as SLOs or KPIs and, as a consequence, which increasing levels of SLA specificity for their customers can be reached.
KeywordsCloud Computing Virtual Machine Service Level Agreement Cloud Provider Cloud User
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amazon.com Web Services: Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Service Level Agreement, http://aws.amazon.com/ec2-sla (last visited on February 2011)
- 2.Comuzzi, M., Kotsokalis, C., Spanoudakis, G., Yahyapour, R.: Establishing and Monitoring SLAs in Complex Service Based Systems. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2009), July 6-10, pp. 783–790. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA (2009), doi:10.1109/ICWS.2009.47CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Google.com Apps: Google App Service Level Agreement, http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/terms/sla.html (last visited on February 2011)
- 4.Padgett, J., Gourlay, I., Djemame, K. (eds.) AssessGrid Deliverable 1.3: System Architecture Specification and Developed Scenarios, Version 0.30 (December 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Serral-Gracià, R., Labit, Y., Domingo-Pascual, J., Owezarski, P.: Towards an Efficient Service Level Agreement Assessment. In: IEEE Infocom, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 19-25 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.RESERVOIR Project Website: Service Manager Scientific Report, http://www.reservoir-fp7.eu/fileadmin/reservoir/delivarables/A4_ServiceManager_ScientificReport_V1.0.pdf (last visited on February 2011)
- 7.SLA@SOI Project Website: Empowering the service industry with SLA-aware infrastructures, http://sla-at-soi.eu (last visited on February 2011)
- 8.SalesForce.com Website: The Leader of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Cloud Computing, http://www.salesforce.com (last visited on February 2011)