Image Processing Algorithms for AAL Services
The image processing techniques are widely used in many fields, such as security and home automation. With these techniques algorithms are developed for its use in common vision systems (with regular video cameras connected to a computer), consuming too many resources.
This paper presents some innovative algorithms to be included in autonomous vision systems. These vision systems, included in a Wireless Personal Area Network, allow the development of AAL services, which are able to operate autonomously and in a totally transparent way to the users, making their everyday tasks easier.
KeywordsMobile Robot Vision Sensor Image Processing Algorithm Ambient Intelligence Wireless Personal Area Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Euser Project. eUser-Workpackage 1: Conceptual and Analytical Framework (Part A and Part C). In: European Commission. 6th Framework Programme. Contact number: IST-2002-507180 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Moya, J.M., et al.: AMISEC: Leveraging Redundancy and Adaptability to Secure AmI Applications. International Journal on Advances in Security. IARIA 1, 15–25 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Karabiber, F., Arena, P., Fortuna, L., De Fiore, S., Vagliasindi, S., Arik, S.: Implementation of A Moving Target Tracking Algorithm Using Eye-RIS Vision System on A Mobile Robot. Journal of Signal Processing Systems (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Sapuppo, F., Intaglietta, M., Bucolo, M.: Bio-Microfluidics Real-Time Monitoring Using CNN Technology. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems 2(2) (June 2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital Image Processing, 3rd edn. Pearson Prentice hall, London (2008) ISBN: 0-13-168728-x 978-0-13-168728-8Google Scholar
- 8.Araujo, A.: Metodología para el Desarrollo de Aplicaciones Basada en Servicios sobre Entornos Inteligentes. PhD. Thesis (May 2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Anafocus: Eye-RIS Vision System Evaluation Kit. Hardware Description (2006)Google Scholar