Viola-Jones Based Detectors: How Much Affects the Training Set?
This paper presents a study on the facial feature detection performance achieved using the Viola-Jones framework. A set of classifiers using two different focuses to gather the training samples is created and tested on four different datasets covering a wide range of possibilities. The results achieved should serve researchers to choose the classifier that better fits their demands.
KeywordsViola-Jones detectors facial feature detection training sets
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Carnegie Mellon University: CMU/VACS image database: Frontal face images (1999), http://vasc.ri.cmu.edu/idb/html/face/frontal_images/index.html (last accesed May 11, 2007)
- 4.Castrillón, M., Déniz, O., Hernández, D., Lorenzo, J.: A comparison of face and facial feature detectors based on the violajones general object detection framework. Machine Vision and Applications (2010) (in press)Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, G.B., Ramesh, M., Berg, T., Learned-Miller, E.: Labeled faces in the wild: A database for studying face recognition in unconstrained environments. Tech. Rep. 07-49, University of Massachusetts, Amherst (October 2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Intel: Intel Open Source Computer Vision Library, v2.1 (April 2010), http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/ (last visited June 2010)
- 8.Jain, V., Learned-Miller., E.: Fddb: A benchmark for face detection in unconstrained settings. Tech. rep., University of Massachusetts, Amherst (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Lienhart, R., Maydt, J.: An extended set of Haar-like features for rapid object detection. In: IEEE ICIP 2002, vol. 1, pp. 900–903 (September 2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Reimondo, A.: Haar cascades repository (2007), http://alereimondo.no-ip.org/OpenCV/34 (last visited April 2010)
- 13.Schneiderman, H., Kanade, T.: A statistical method for 3d object detection applied to faces and cars. In: IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1746–1759 (2000)Google Scholar
- 14.Seo, N.: Tutorial: OpenCV haartraining (rapid object detection with a cascade of boosted classifiers based on haar-like features), http://note.sonots.com/SciSoftware/haartraining.html (last visited June 2010)