An Study of the Tree Generation Algorithms in Equation Based Model Learning with Low Quality Data
The undesired effects of data gathered from real world can be produced by the noise in the process, the bias of the sensors and the presence of hysteresis, among other uncertainty sources. In previous works the learning models using the so-called Low Quality Data (LQD) has been studied in order to analyze the way to represent the uncertainty. It makes use of genetic programming and the multiobjective simmulated annealing heuristic, which has been hybridized with genetic operators. The role of the tree generation methods when learning LQD was studied in that paper. The present work deals with the analysis of the generation methods relevance in depth and provides with statistical studies on the obtained results.
KeywordsGenetic Programming Genetic Algorithm and Programming Low Quality Data Multiobjective Simulated Annealing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alcalá-fdez, J., Sánchez, L., García, S., Del Jesus, M.J., Ventura, S., Garrell, J.M., Otero, J., Bacardit, J., Rivas, V.M., Fernández, J.C., Herrera, F.: Keel: A software tool to assess evolutionary algorithms for data mining problems?Google Scholar
- 2.Berzosa, B., Villar, J.R., Sedano, M., García-Tamargo, J.: Tree generation methods comparison in gap problems with low quality data. In: Accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the International Conference on Soft Computing Models in Industrial and Environmental Applications SOCO 2011. AISC (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Corchado, E., Herrero, A.: Neural visualization of network traffic data for intrusion detection. Applied Soft Computing (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Ferson, S., Kreinovich, V., Hajagos, J., Oberkampf, W., Ginzburg, L.: Experimental uncertainty estimation and statistics for data having interval uncertainty. Technical report, Technical Report SAND2007-0939 (2007), http://www.ramas.com/intstats.pdf
- 11.Sedano, J., Curiel, L., Corchado, E., de la Cal, E., Villar, J.R.: A Soft Computing Method for Detecting Lifetime Building Thermal Insulation Failures. Integr. Comput. Aided Eng. 17, 103–115 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Soule, T., Foster, J.A., Dickinson, J.: Code growth in genetic programming. In: Proceedings of the First Annual Conference on Genetic Programming GECCO 1996, pp. 215–223. MIT Press, Cambridge (1996)Google Scholar
- 15.Villar, J.R., Berzosa, A., de la Cal, E., Sedano, J., García-Tamargo, M.: Multi-objecve simulated annealing in genetic algorithm and programming learning with low quality data. Submitted to Neural Computing (2010)Google Scholar
- 16.Villar, J.R., de la Cal, E., Sedano, J.: A fuzzy logic based efficient energy saving approach for domestic heating systems. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering 16, 151–163 (2009)Google Scholar