Two-Level Verification of Data Integrity for Data Storage in Cloud Computing
Data storage in cloud computing can save capital expenditure and relive burden of storage management for users. As the lose or corruption of files stored may happen, many researchers focus on the verification of data integrity. However, massive users often bring large numbers of verifying tasks for the auditor. Moreover, users also need to pay extra fee for these verifying tasks beyond storage fee. Therefore, we propose a two-level verification of data integrity to alleviate these problems. The key idea is to routinely verify the data integrity by users and arbitrate the challenge between the user and cloud provider by the auditor according to the MACs and ϕ values. The extensive performance simulations show that the proposed scheme obviously decreases auditor’s verifying tasks and the ratio of wrong arbitration.
KeywordsData storage integrity verification challenge arbitration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Armbrust, M., Fox, A., Griffith, R., Joseph, A.D., Katz, R., Konwinski, A., Lee, G., Patterson, D., Rabkin, A., Stoica, I., Zaharia, M.: Above the clouds: A berkeley view of cloud computing. University of California, Berkeley, Tech. Rep. UCB-EECS-2009-28 (February 2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Ateniese, G., Burns, R., Curtmola, R., Herring, J., Kissner, L., Peterson, Z., Song, D.: Provable data possession at untrusted stores. In: Proceedings of the 14th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 598–609 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Juels, A., Kaliski, B.S.: Pors: proofs of retrievability for large files. In: Proceedings of the 14th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 584–597 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Ateniese, G., Di Pietro, R., Mancini, L.V., Tsudikd, G.: Scalable and efficient provable data possession. Technical Report 2008/114, Cryptology ePrint Archive (March 2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, C., Wang, Q., Ren, K., Lou, W.: Privacy-Preserving Public Auditing for Data Storage Security in Cloud Computing. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM (March 2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Shi, J., Zhang, R., Liu, Y., Zhang, Y.: PriSense: Privacy- Preserving Data Aggregation in People-Centric Urban Sensing Systems. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM (March 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Du, W., Jia, J., Mangal, M., Murugesan, M.: Uncheatable Grid Computing. In: Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pp. 4–11 (March 2004)Google Scholar