A New Star Identification Algorithm Based on Fuzzy Algorithms
The proposed algorithm is for satellite attitude determination. In this algorithm, the star point pattern convert to line pattern by “Delaunay triangulation” method, then we present a fuzzy line pattern matching. In this method, we use the membership functions to describe position, orientation and relation similarities between different line segments. The simulation results based on the “Desktop Universes Star images” demonstrate that the fuzzy star pattern recognition algorithm speeds up the process of star identification and increases the rate of success greatly (96.4%) compared with traditional matching algorithms. In addition, since the quality of star images play an important role in improving accuracy of star pattern recognition algorithm, therefore for image pre-processing we propose a fuzzy edge detection technique. This method highly affects noise cancellation, star features extraction, database production and matching algorithm.
KeywordsMembership Function Delaunay Triangulation Line Pattern Attitude Determination Noise Cancellation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Padgett, C., Deldado, K.K.: A Gird Algorithm for Autonomous star identification. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic System 33(1) (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Jang, J.N., Kim, M.Y.: An Efficient and Robust Singular Value Method for Star recognition and attitude determination. Journal of Astronautical Science 52, 211–220 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Paladugu, L. B.G.W., Schoen, M. P.: Star pattern Recognition for attitude determination using genetic algorithms. In: 17th AIAA-USU Conference on Small Satellites Logan (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, H., Sang, H.: Fuzzy Decision-Based Star Identification Algorithm. In: International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Design, vol. 1, pp. 116–119 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, Q., Ruan, H.B.: Fast fuzzy edge-detection algorithm. J. Image Graph. 6(1), 92–95 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhou, D.L., Pan, Q.: An improved algorithm of edge detection based on fuzzy sets. J. Image Graph 6(4), 353–358 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Starry Night store, “DVDs”, http://store.starrynight.com