Tagging Image with Informative and Correlative Tags
Automatic tagging can automatically label images with semantic tags to significantly facilitate multimedia search and organization. Existing tagging methods often use probabilistic or co-occurring tags, which may result in ambiguity and noise. In this paper, we propose a novel automatic tagging algorithm which tags a test image with an Informative and Correlative Tag (ICTag) set. The assigned ICTag set can provide a more precise description of the image by exploring both the information capability of individual tags and the tag-to-set correlation. Measures to effectively estimate the information capability of individual tags and the correlation between a tag and the candidate tag set are designed. To reduce the computational complexity, we also introduce a heuristic method to achieve efficient automatic tagging. The experiment results confirm the efficiency and effectiveness of our proposed algorithm.
Keywordsimage tagging tag information capability tag correlation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wu, F., Han, Y.H., Tian, Q., Zhuang, Y.T.: Multi-label Boosting for Image Annotation by Structural Grouping Sparsity. In: Proceedings of 18th ACM International conference on Multimedia, pp. 15–24 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Kilian, Q., Malcolm, S., Roelof, Z.: Resolving Tag Ambiguity. In: Proceeding of the 16th ACM International conference on Multimedia, pp. 111–120 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, C., Jing, F., Zhang, L., Zhang, H.-J.: Image annotation refinement using random walk with restarts. In: Proceedings of 14th ACM International Conference on Multimedia, pp. 647–650 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhou, X., Wang, M., Zhang, Q., Zhang, J., Shi, B.: Automatic image annotation by an iterative approach: Incorporating keyword correlations and region matching. In: Proceedings of the 6th ACM International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval, pp. 25–32 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, D., Wang, M., Hua, X.S., Zhang, H.J.: Tag Ranking. In: Proceeding of the 18th ACM International Conference on World Wide Web, pp. 351–340 (2009)Google Scholar