Effective Authoring Procedure for E-learning Courses’ Development in Philological Curriculum Based on LOs Ideology
An efficient model of hyper textual authoring processes and guidelines for electronic multi-media educational and scientific resources’ development in Philology is being discussed. The model was successfully applied for construction of the interactive hyper-media e-learning Web-resource “Russian Dialectal Phonetics”. The electronic public educational and research resource in Russian Dialectology is the first and unique one fully based on SCORM ideology. Basic authoring algorithms were adopted from the object-oriented programming (OOP) and Rapid Application Design (RAD) ideology and practice for application. The e-course comprises two major components: a theoretical overview and practical sections (on-line self-tests, exercises). An interactive glossary of linguistic and other special terms is also appended through the network of hyperlinks. As essential multi- and hypermedia product the course comprises texts, image illustrations (dialect maps included), authentic dialectal spoken language recordings from the archive of dialectological expeditions.
Keywordse-learning resources hypermedia authoring principles SCORM Russian Phonetics Russian Dialectology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Advanced Distributed Learning Initiative, http://www.adlnet.org
- 2.Learning Technology Standards Committee, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, http://ltsc.ieee.org
- 3.Quinn, C., Hobbs, S.: Learning Objects and Instruction Components. Educational Technology and Society 3(2) (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Downes, S.: Learning Objects: Resources For Distance Education Worldwide. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning 2(1) (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Montlick, T.: What is object-oriented software? Software Design Consultants, http://www.softwaredesign.com/objects.html.
- 6.Russian Dialectal Phonetics, [http://dialect.philol.msu.ru, Фонетика русских диалектов]
- 7.Russian Phonetics, http://fonetica.philol.msu.ru, [Русская фонетика]
- 8.Kedrova, G.: Actual problems of e-learning resources’ authoring processes for distance education. The Quality Bulletin 12(72), 26–31 (2006), [Кедрова Г.Е. Актуальные вопросы проектирования электронных учебных материалов для дистанционного обучения. Вестник качества, 12(72), 26–31 (2006)]Google Scholar
- 9.Pankov, P.S., Alimbay, E.: Virtual Environment for Interactive Learning Languages. In: Vetulani, Z. (ed.) Proseedings 2nd LTC for Human Language Technologies as a Challenge for Computer Science and Linguistics, Poznan, Poland, pp. 357–360 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Kirsanov, D.: Web-design: a book of Dmitrij Kirsanov. Symbol Press, St. Petersburg (2003), [Кирсанов Д. Веб-дизайн: книга Дмитрия Кирсанова. Изд-во Символ-Плюс. С-Пб, 2003]Google Scholar