Applying HoCCAC to Plan Task the COPD Patient: A Case Study
- 584 Downloads
This paper presents a multiagent system that facilitates the performance of daily tasks for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) patient within a context-aware environment. The paper analyzes the relevant aspects of context-aware computing and presents a prototype that can be applied to monitor COPD patient at their homes. The system includes computational elements that are integrated within a domestic environment with the goal of capturing context-related information and managing the events carried out by the patient. The services are support by the processing and reasoning out of the data received by the agents in order to offer proactive solutions to the user. The results obtained with this prototype are presented in this paper.
KeywordsContext-Aware Multi-Agent Systems Home Care
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Angulo, C., Tellez, R.: Distributed Intelligence for Smart Home Appliances. On: Tendencies of data mining in Spain. In: Spanish Data Mining Network, Barcelona, Spain (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Ardissono, L., Petrone, G., Segnan, M.: A conversational approach to the interaction with Web Services. In: Computational Intelligence, vol. 20, pp. 693–709. Blackwell Publishing, Malden (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Bahadori, S., Cesta, A., Grisetti, G., Iocchi, L., Leone1, R., Nardi, D., Oddi, A., Pecora, F., Rasconi, R.: RoboCare: Pervasive Intelligence for the Domestic Care of the Elderly. AI*IA Magazine Special Issue (January 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Burrell, J., Gay, G.: E-graffiti: evaluating real-world use of a context-aware system. Interacting with Computers – Special Issue on Universal Usability 14(4), 301–312 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Corchado, J.M., Bajo, J., Abraham, A.: GERAmI: Improving the delivery of health care. IEEE Intelligent Systems. Special Issue on Ambient Intelligence (March/April 2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Fraile, J.A., Bajo, J., Corchado, J.M.: Multi-Agent Architecture for Dependent Environments. Providing Solutions for Home Care. Inteligencia Artificial 13(42), 36–45 (2009); Special Issue 7th Ibero-American Workshop in Multi-Agent Systems (Iberagents 2008)Google Scholar