An ICT Solution with Real-Time Tracking Capacities for Improving the Incidence Management Timing in the Transportation of Industrial Equipments
This paper explores the use of ICT technologies in good traceability. In fact, it presents a solution for real-time tracking and fleet management which can be applied in the transportation of manufacture equipment. The system can manage routes and operations and provides onboard support to the carriers, enabling an agile response to incidences happened during transport. We describe both through its technical implementation as a test case used to validate the basic functionality of a first developed prototype. Furthermore, some future works are presented in order to improve some capacities of the solution.
Keywordsgoods traceability transportation of industrial equipment fleet management incidence recovery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Schwägele, F.: Traceability from a European perspective. In: 51st International Congress of Meat Science and Technology (ICoMST), Meat Science, vol. 71(1), pp. 164–173 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, G.Q., Qin, Z., Qu, T., Dai, Q.: RFID-enabled pharmaceutical regulatory traceability system. In: 2010 IEEE International Conference on RFID-Technology and Applications (RFID-TA), Guangzhou, China, pp. 211–216 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Bertolini, M., Bottani, E., Rizzi, A., Volpi, A.: The Benefits of RFID and EPC in the Supply Chain: Lessons from an Italian pilot study. The Internet of Things, Part 4, 293–302 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Al-Kassab, J., Blome, P., Wolfram, G., Thiesse, F., Fleisch, E.: RFID in the Apparel Retail Industry: A Case Study from Galeria Kaufhof. In: Unique Radio Innovation for the 21st Century, Part 4, pp. 281–308 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Crowl, S., Mares, V., Moore, M.: Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) application at dell computer. In: IEEE Engineering Management Conference, Austin, TX, USA, pp. 28–30 (2006)Google Scholar