The Mechatronic UML Development Process
The advanced functions of mechatronic systems today are essentially realized by software that controls complex processes and enables the communication and coordination of multiple system components. We have developed Mechatronic UML, a comprehensive technique for the model-based development of hybrid real-time component-based systems. Mechatronic UML is based on a well-defined subset of UML diagrams, formal analysis and composition methods. Vital for the successful development with Mechatronic UML, however, is a systematic development process, on which we report in this paper.
KeywordsMechatronic UML software development process real-time systems mechatronic systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Burmester S, Giese H, Oberschelp, O (2006) Hybrid UML components for the design of complex self-optimizing mechatronic systems. In: Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics I Google Scholar
- Chen B, Avrunin GS, Henneman EA, Clarke LA, Osterweil LJ, Henneman PL (2008) Analyzing medical processes. In: Proc. 30th International Conference on Software Engineering Google Scholar
- Eckardt T, Henkler S (2010) Component behavior synthesis for critical systems. In: Proceedings of the First International Symposium of Architecting Critical Systems Google Scholar
- Gausemeier J, Schäfer W, Greenyer J, Kahl S, Pook S, Rieke J (2009) Management of cross-domain model consistency during the development of advanced mechatronic systems. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Engineering Design Google Scholar
- Giese H, Tichy M, Burmester S, Schäfer W, Flake S (2003) Towards the compositional verification of real-time UML designs. In: Proc. 9th European Software Engineering Conf./11th ACM SIGSOFT International Symp. on Foundations of Software Engineering Google Scholar
- Greenyer J (2010) Synthesizing Modal Sequence Diagram specifications with Uppaal-Tiga. Technical Report tr-ri-10-310, University of Paderborn Google Scholar
- Henke C, Tichy M, Schneider T, Böcker J, Schäfer W (2008) System architecture and risk management for autonomous railway convoys. In: Proc. 2nd Annual IEEE Intl. Systems Conf. Google Scholar
- Henkler S, Meyer J, Schäfer W, Nickel U, von Detten M (2010) Legacy component integration by the Fujaba Real-Time Tool Suite. In: Proc. 32nd ACM/IEEE Intl. Conf. on Software Engineering Google Scholar
- Kesten Y, Pnueli A (1991) Timed and hybrid statecharts and their textual representation. In: Proc. 2nd Intl. Symp. on Formal Techniques in Real-Time and Fault-Tolerant Systems Google Scholar
- Osterweil LJ (1997) Software processes are software too, revisited: an invited talk on the most influential paper of ICSE 9. In: Proc. 19th Intl. Conf. on Software Engineering (Reprinted as Chapter 18) Google Scholar
- VDI, Verein Deutscher Ingenieure (2004) VDI Guideline 2206, Design Methodology for Mechatronic Systems Google Scholar