Human Aspects of Visualization
This book is intended to give an overview of important issues concerning Human-Computer Interaction and information visualization. It is based on an IFIP  workshop that took place during the Interact’09 conference in Uppsala . This workshop, co-organized by IFIP WG TC13.7 on “HCI and Visualization”  and the European VisMaster Coordinated Action , surveyed and expanded our understanding of the cognitive and perceptual issues of interactive visualization and visual analytics and brought together researchers interested in these issues. It outlined the research required to understand what aspects of analysis match human capabilities most closely, and how interactive visual support should be designed and adapted to make optimal use of human capabilities in terms of information perception and processing.
KeywordsInformation Visualization Design Education Semantic Data Interactive Visualization Human Aspect
- 1.Keim, D., Kohlhammer, J., Ellis, G., Mansmann, F. (eds.): Mastering The Information Age: Solving Problems with Visual Analytics. Eurographics (2010) ISBN 978-3-905673-77-7Google Scholar
- 2.Human Computer Interaction and Visualization (HCIV), http://www.hciv.de
- 3.Gross, T., Gulliksen, J., Kotzé, P., Oestreicher, L., Palanque, P., Prates, R.O., Winckler, M. (eds.): INTERACT 2009. LNCS, vol. 5726, 5727. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP), http://www.ifip.org
- 5.VisMaster: Visual Analytics - Mastering The Information Age, http://www.vismaster.eu