Cascading Style Sheet Styling Issues in Punjabi Language
This paper describes the styling issues in Punjabi Websites using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) in various web browsers. Seven different styling issues for Indian Languages have been identified by other researchers. It has been noted that most Punjabi websites make use of only underline and hyperlinks for styling the web content. To test all the styling issues, we developed our own testing website for Punjabi with the use of CSS. We have checked all the styling issues in six different browsers. The results of comparative study in different browsers are presented in this paper.
KeywordsCascading Style Sheets Styling Issues
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Etemad, E.J.: Robust Vertical Text Layout, Technical report. In: 27th Internationalization and Unicode Conference, Berlin, Germany, pp. 15–16 (April 2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Keller, M., Nussbaumer, M.: Cascading Style Sheets: A Novel Approach Towards Productive Styling with Today’s Standards. In: WWW 2009, Madrid, Spain, pp. 1161–1162 (April 2009)Google Scholar
- 3.The World Wide Web Consortium India, http://www.w3cindia.in
- 4.CSS Template - The World Wide Web Consortium -Indian Office, http://www.w3cindia.in
- 5.CSS Draft- The World Wide Web Consortium -Indian Office, http://www.w3cindia.in/cssdocument.html