ASGRT – Automated Report Generation System
We have come to a point in time when there is an abundance of database usage in almost all aspects of our lives. However, most of the end users have neither the knowledge nor the need to manage the databases. Even more important, they are unable to generate the ever changing reports they need, based on the data in their databases. Our Applicative Solution for Generating Reports from Templates (ASGRT) tries to deal efficiently with this issue. It has a simple yet effective architectural design aimed to give power to the more experienced administrators and simplicity to common end users, to generate reports with their own criteria and design, from their databases. The presented software enables creation of templates containing text and tags that are recognized and substituted by values retrieved from the database, therefore enabling creation of customized reports with varying ease of use and flexibility.
KeywordsTemplate Reports Generator Database Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Oracle Reports (June 29, 2010), http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/reports/overview/index.html
- 2.Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (June 29, 2010), http://www.microsoft.com/Sqlserver/2005/en/us/reporting-services.aspx
- 3.Chan, D.K.C.: A Document-driven Approach to Database Report Generation. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 1998), pp. 925. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (1998) Google Scholar
- 4.Mario Guillén, R., Victor, J., Sosa, S., Mario Guillén, Ma., del Rosario Vázquez, A., Humberto Hernández, G.: GARP: A Tool for Creating Dynamic Web Reports Using XSL and XML Technologies. In: Proceedings of the Fourth Mexican International Conference on Computer Science (ENC 2003), Tlaxcala, Mexico, September 08-12, p. 54 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, W.-K., Chung, K.-H.: A Table Presentation System for Database and Web Applications. In: 2004 IEEE International Conference on e-Technology, e-Commerce and e-Service (EEE 2004), pp. 492–498 (March 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhou, C.-S., Lin, L.: Research and Design of Task Driven Based Web Report Model. In: 2009 Ninth International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems, pp. 359–362 (August 2009)Google Scholar
- 7.SAP Crystal Reports (June 29, 2010), http://www.crystalreports.com/