Performance Evaluation of a Web Service Enabled Smart Metering Platform
- 1k Downloads
A key issue for the success of a smart grid is the capability to accommodate efficient smart metering. Following the trend towards timely monitoring of energy consumption and production via Internet related technologies and in-network metering platforms, we need to investigate performance-related aspects of smart metering and how they affect the overall operation. We present here our experiences implementing a prototype framework for smart metering, discuss on some of its aspects, and evaluate its performance.
Keywordssmart grid web service smart metering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.NIST framework and roadmap for smart grid interoperability standards. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) NIST Special Publication 1108, National Institute of Standards and Technology (January 2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Federation of German Industries (BDI). Internet of Energy: ICT for energy markets of the future. BDI publication No. 439 (February 2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Karnouskos, S., Terzidis, O.: Towards an information infrastructure for the future internet of energy. In: Kommunikation in Verteilten Systemen (KiVS 2007) Conference, February 26 - March 02, VDE Verlag (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.SmartGrids European Technology Platform. Smartgrids: Strategic deployment document for europe’s electricity networks of the future (April 2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Warmer, C., Kok, K., Karnouskos, S., Weidlich, A., Nestle, D., Selzam, P., Ringelstein, J., Dimeas, A., Drenkard, S.: Web services for integration of smart houses in the smart grid. In: Grid-Interop - The road to an interoperable grid, Denver, Colorado, USA, November 17-19 (2009)Google Scholar