An Experimental Evaluation of Multilevel Layout Methods
Applying the multilevel paradigm to energy-based layout algorithms can improve both the quality of the resulting drawings as well as the running time of the layout computation. In order to do this, approaches for the different multilevel phases refinement, placement, layout, and optionally scaling and postprocessing need to be implemented. A number of multilevel layout algorithms have been proposed already, which differ in the way these phases are realized. We present an experimental study that investigates the influence of varying combinations with respect to running time and quality criteria.
- 1.The Open Graph Drawing Framework, http://www.ogdf.net
- 2.The AT&T graph library, http://www.graphdrawing.org.
- 12.Gronemann, M.: Engineering the fast-multipole-multilevel method for multicore and SIMD architectures. Master’s thesis, Technische Universität Dortmund (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Han, K., Ju, B.-H., Park, J.H.: InterViewer: Dynamic visualization of protein-protein interactions, http://interviewer.inha.ac.kr/
- 18.Walshaw, C.: The graph partitioning archive, http://staffweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~c.walshaw/partition/