Two Methods for Image Compression/Reconstruction Using OWA Operators
In this chapter we address image compression by means of two alternative algorithms. In the first algorithm, we associate to each image an interval-valued fuzzy relation, and we build an image which is n times smaller than the original one, by using two-dimensional OWA operators. The experimental results show that, in this case, best results are obtained with ME-OWA operators. In the second part of the work, we describe a reduction algorithm that replaces the image by several eigen fuzzy sets associated with it. We obtain these eigen fuzzy sets by means of an equation that relates the OWA operators we use and the relation (image) we consider. Finally, we present a reconstruction method based on an algorithm which minimizes a cost function, with this cost function built by means of two-dimensional OWA operators.
KeywordsMean Square Error Image Compression Camera Image Gradient Algorithm Convergent Sequence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bezdek, J.C., Keller, J., Krisnapuram, R., Pal, N.R.: Fuzzy Models and algorithms for pattern recognition and image processing. In: Dubois, D., Prade, H. (eds.) The Handbooks of Fuzzy Sets Series. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Bustince, H., Barrenechea, E., Pagola, M.: Generation of interval-valued fuzzy and Atanassov’s intuitionistic fuzzy connectives from fuzzy conectives and from K α operators. Laws for conjunctions and disjunctions. Amplitude. International Journal of Intelligent Systems 23, 680–714 (2008)zbMATHCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Bustince, H., Orduna, R., Fernandez, J., et al.: Relation between OWA operator of dimension two and Atanassov’s operators. Construction. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Technologies in Nuclear Science, September 21-24, vol. 1, pp. 519–524 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.De Baets, B.: Generalized Idempotence in Fuzzy Mathematical Morphology. In: Kerre, E.E., Nachtegael, M. (eds.) Fuzzy Techniques in Image Procesing, pp. 58–73. Springer, Berlin (2000)Google Scholar
- 18.Pedrycz, W., Hirota, K., Sessa, S.: A decomposition of fuzzy relations. IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B 31(4), 657–663 (2001)Google Scholar
- 19.Sambuc, R.: Function Φ-Flous, Application a l’aide au Diagnostic en Pathologie Thyroidienne, These de Doctorat en Medicine, University of Marseille (1975)Google Scholar