Architecture for High Density RFID Inventory System in Internet of Things
This paper proposes a novel architecture of Internet of Things (IOT) implemented using RFID. Our proposed architecture solves the problem of over-loading as the load on the RFID Tag reader is the total number of changed objects rather than the actual number of objects present. Our architecture is based on EPCglobal Network with some assumptions and modifications. We have discussed in details the components and working of our model. We have also discussed the physical implementation of our model taking the examples of two sample applications one for the retail system and other for smart home applications and their performance results have been tabulated and represented graphically.
KeywordsInternet of Things RFID Smart Home Application Retail system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yan, B., Huang, G.: Supply Chain Information Transmission based on RFID and Internet of Things, see its ref. 1, 6, 7Google Scholar
- 2.Darianian, M., Michael, M.P.: Smart Home Mobile RFID-based Internet-Of-Things Systems and ServicesGoogle Scholar
- 3.A Model Supporting Any Product Code Standard for the Resource Addressing in the Internet of ThingsGoogle Scholar
- 4.EPCglobal Inc., Object Name Service (ONS) Version 1.0, EPCglobal, US (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Mealling, M., Daniel, R.: The Naming Authority Pointer (NAPTR) DNS Resource Record, RFC 2915, IETF (September 2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Faltstrom, P.: E.164 number and DNS, IETF RFC2916 (September 2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Minegishi, K.: On ucode Resolution Server Connection Tests. In: TRONWARE, vol. 84, pp. 71–73 (2003)Google Scholar