AMazING – Advanced Mobile wIreless playGrouNd
We describe a wireless testbed composed by 24 wireless nodes that can be used to perform a broad range of studies in the area of next generation networks. This paper addresses the difficulties and constrains faced by the authors throughout the deployment process of such testbed. Flexibility and controllability were key concerns driving the testbed design. The testbed can be remotely managed through a series of remotely accessible web services performing low-level management. Validation results are presented, showing the interference levels of the testbed as well as its maximum throughput capabilities.
Keywordstestbeds wireless network outdoor systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.DARPA/NSF: The network simulator - ns-2, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/
- 2.Ivanov, S., Herms, A., Lukas, G.: Experimental validation of the ns-2 wireless model using simulation, emulation, and real network. In: Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Maltz, A., et al.: Experiences designing and building a multi-hop wireless ad hoc network testbed., CMU-CS-99-116, CMU, School of Computer Science (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Aguayo, D., et al.: MIT Roofnet: Construction of a Production Quality Ad-Hoc Network. In: Proc of MOBICOM (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Raychaudhuri, D., Ott, M., Secker, I.: ORBIT Radio Grid Tested for Evaluation of Next-Generation Wireless Network Protocols. In: Proc. of the First international Conference on Testbeds and Research infrastructures For the Development of Networks and Communities (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.OneLab1 D4D.1, OneLab wireless mesh multi-hop network (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Gomes, D., Matos, A., Fonseca, E., Aguiar, R.L.: Deploying and testing a NGN testbed. In: Proc. 2009 TridentCom, Washington, D.C. (April 2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Mills, D.: Network Time Protocol (Version 3), RFC 1305. IETF (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Intel Corporation: Preboot execution environment (PXE) specification (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Peterson, L., et al.: PlanetLab architecture: An overview, Technical Report PDN- 06-031, PlanetLab Consortium (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Saunders, S.R., Simon, S.R.: Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communication Systems. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York (1999)Google Scholar