Architecture Views Illustrating the Service Automation Aspect of SOA
Earlier in this book, Chapter 8 provided a detailed analysis of service engineering, including a review of service engineering techniques and methodologies. This chapter is closely related to Chapter 8 as shows how such approaches can be used to develop a service, with particular emphasis on the identification of three views (the automation decision view, degree of service automation view and service automation related data view) that structure and ease elicitation and documentation of stakeholders’ concerns. This is carried out through two large case studies to learn the industrial needs in illustrating services deployment and configuration automation. This set of views adds to the more traditional notations like UML, the visual power of attracting the attention of their users to the addressed concerns, and assist them in their work. This is especially crucial in service oriented architecting where service automation is highly demanded.
KeywordsGraphic Notation Service Execution Architecture Description Service Automation Service Aggregator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Andrikopoulos, V., Bertoli, P., Bindelli, S., Di Nitto, E., Gehlert, A., Germanovich, L., Kazhamiakin, R., Kounkou, A., Pernici, B., Plebani, P., Weyer, T.: State of the art report on software engineering design knowledge and survey of HCI and contextual knowledge. Technical Report PO-JRA-1.1.1, S-Cube Network of Excellence (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.ANSI/IEEE. Standard glossary of software engineering terminology, std-729-1991. ANSI/IEEE (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Bass, L., Clements, P., Kazman, R.: Software Architecture in Practice. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Emery, D., Hilliard, R.: Updating ieee 1471: architecture frameworks and other topics. In: WICSA ’08: Proceedings of the Seventh Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA 2008), pp. 303–306. IEEE Computer Society (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Gu, Q., Lago, P.: On service-oriented architectural concerns and viewpoints. In: 8th Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA), Cambridge, UK, IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Shull, F.J., Carver, J.C., Vegas, S., Juristo, N.: The role of replications in empirical software engineering. Empirical Software Engineering 13(2) (2008)Google Scholar