Expedite Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm (EPSO) for Optimization of MSA
This paper presents a new designing method of Rectangular patch Microstrip Antenna using an Artificial searches Algorithm with some constraints. It requires two stages for designing. In first stage, bandwidth of MSA is modeled using bench Mark function. In second stage, output of first stage give to modified Artificial search Algorithm which is Particle Swarm Algorithm (PSO) as input and get output in the form of five parameter- dimensions width, frequency range, dielectric loss tangent, length over a ground plane with a substrate thickness and electrical thickness. In PSO Cognition, factor and Social learning Factor give very important effect on balancing the local search and global search in PSO. Basing the modification of cognition factor and social learning factor, this paper presents the strategy that at the starting process cognition-learning factor has more effect then social learning factor. Gradually social learning factor has more impact after learning cognition factor for find out global best. The aim is to find out under above circumstances these modifications in PSO can give better result for optimization of microstrip Antenna (MSA).
KeywordsArtificial Search Algorithm inverse modeling Particle Swarm Optimization Cognition Factor Social Learning Factor Local Search and Global Search
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Bakwad, K.M., Patnayak, S.S., Sohi, B.S., Devi, S., Gollapudi, S.V.R.S., Vidya Sagar, C., Patra, P.K.: Small population Based Modified Parallel Particle swarm Optimization for Motion Estimation. In: Proc. IEEE Int. (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Yazdi, H.S., Yazdi, M.S.: Particle swarm optimization –Based Rectangular Microstrip Antenna Designing. International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering 1(4), 1793–8163 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Pozar, Schaubert: Microstrip Antennas. Proceedings of the IEEE 80 (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Bahl, I.J., Bhartia, P.: Microstrip antennas. Artech House, Canton (1980)Google Scholar
- 12.Wi, S.-H., Lee, Y.-S., Yook, J.G.: Wideband Microstrip Patch Antenna With U Shaped Parasitic Elements. IEEE Transaction On Antenna and Propagation 55(4) (April 2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Liang, J.J., Suganthan, P.N.: Dynamic Multi-Swarm Particle Swarm Optimizer. In: IEEE Swarm Intelligence Symposium, Pasadena, CA, USA, pp. 124–129 (2005)Google Scholar