The IMIX Demonstrator: An Information Search Assistant for the Medical Domain
In the course of the IMIX project a system was developed to demonstrate how the research performed in the various subprojects could contribute to the development of practical multimodal question answering dialog systems. This chapter describes the IMIX Demonstrator, an information search assistant for the medical domain. The functionalities and the architecture of the system are described, as well as its role in the IMIX project.
KeywordsBoris Rounded Boves
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- op den Akker HJA, Bunt HC, Keizer S, van Schooten BW (2005) From question answering to spoken dialogue - towards an information search assistant for interactive multimodal information extraction. In: Proc. 9th European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology (Interspeech 2005), Lisbon, Portugal, European Speech Communication Association (ESCA) / CEP Consultants, pp 2793–2796Google Scholar
- Bouma G, Mur J, van Noord G, van der Plas L, Tiedemann J (2005) Question answering for dutch using dependency relations. In: Working notes for the CLEF 2005 workshop, SpringerGoogle Scholar
- Boves L, den Os E (2005) Interactivity and multimodality in the imix demonstrator. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo 0:1578–1581Google Scholar
- Catizone R, Setzer A, Wilks Y (2003) Multimodal dialogue management in the COMIC project. In: Proceedings of the EACL 2003 Workshop on Dialogue Systems: Interaction, Adaptation, and Styles of Management, Budapest, HungaryGoogle Scholar
- van Hooijdonk C, Krahmer E, Maes F, Theune M, Bosma W (2007) Towards automatic generation of multimodal answers to medical questions: a cognitive engineering approach. In: Proceedings of the Tenth International Symposium on Social CommunicationGoogle Scholar
- Wahlster W (ed) (2006) SmartKom: foundations of multimodal dialogue systems. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- Young S, Evermann G, Gales M, Hain T, Kershaw D, Liu XA, Moore G, Odell J, Ollason D, Povey D, Valtchev V,Woodland P (2006) The HTK Book. Cambridge University Engineering DepartmentGoogle Scholar