Ant Colony Optimization: Principle, Convergence and Application
Ant Colony Optimization (ACO) is a meta-heuristic algorithm for the approximate solution of combinatorial optimization problems that has been inspired by the foraging behaviour of real ant colonies. In this Chapter, we present a novel approach to the convergence proof that applies directly to the basic ACO model, and a kind of parameters tuning strategy for nonlinear PID(NLPID) controller using a grid-based ACO algorithm is also presented in detail. A series of simulation experimental results are provided to verify the performance the whole control system of the flight simulator with the grid-based ACO algorithm optimized NLPID.
KeywordsFlight Simulator Simulation Experimental Result Pheromone Amount Integrate Time Absolute Error Parameter Tuning Strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Colorni, A., Dorigo, M., Maniezzo, V., et al.: Distributed optimization by ant colonies. In: Proceedings of the 1st European Conference on Artificial Life, Paris, pp. 134–142 (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Duan, H.B.: Ant colony algorithms: theory and applications. Science Press, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Han, J.Q.: Nonlinear PID controller. Acta Automatica Sinica 20(4), 487–490 (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Xiong, W.Q., Wei, P.: A kind of ant colony algorithm for function optimization. In: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Beijing, pp. 552–555 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Duan, H.B., Wang, D.B.: A novel improved ant colony algorithm with fast global opti-mization and its simulation. Information & Control 33(2), 193–197 (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Duan, H.B., Wang, D.B., Yu, X.F.: Research on the optimum configuration strategy for the adjustable parameters in ant colony algorithm. Journal of Communication and Computer 2(9), 32–35 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Ma, L., Yao, J., Fan, B.Q.: The application of ant algorithm in traffic assignment. Bulletin of Science and Technology 19(5), 377–380 (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Wang, Y., Xie, J.Y.: An adaptive ant colony optimization algorithm and simulation. Journal of System Simulation 14(1), 31–33 (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.Duan, H.B., Wand, D.B., Yu, X.F.: A novel approach to the convergence of ant colony algorithm and its Matlab GUI-based realization. International Journal of Plant Engineering and Management 11(2), 124–128 (2006)Google Scholar