Change a Sequence into a Fuzzy Number
In general in the literature practitioners transform of real numbers into fuzzy numbers to the median or average, so they follow the probabilistic path. However, theoreticians do not investigate transformations of real numbers into fuzzy numbers when they analyse fuzzy numbers. They usually operate only on the fuzzy data. In the paper we describe an algorithm for transforming a sequence of real numbers into a fuzzy number. The algorithms presented are used to transform multidimensional matrices constructed from times series into fuzzy matrices. They were created for a special fuzzy number and using it as an example we show how to proceed. The algorithms were used in one of the stages of a model used to forecast pollution concentrations with the help of fuzzy numbers. The data used in the computations came from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW).
KeywordsAlgorithm Fuzzy number Fuzzy model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Jiang, W., Wang, P.: Research on Interval Prediction of Nonlinear Chaotic Time Series Based on New Neural Networks. In: Proc. 6th World Congress Intell. Control and Automation, pp. 2835–2839 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Domańska, D., Wojtylak, M.: Development Data Serving to Forecasting Pollution Concentrations. In: Decision Support System, Katowice, pp. 351–359 (2009) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 10.Domańska, D., Wojtylak, M.: Selection Criteria of Forecast Pollution Concentrations Using Collateral Informations. In: Computer Methods and Systems, Kraków, pp. 213–218 (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Ośródka, L., Wojtylak, M., Krajny, E., Dunal, R., Klejnowski, K.: Application Data Mining for Forecasting of High-level Air Pollution in Urban-industrial Area in Southern Poland. In: Proc. of the 10th Int. Conf. on Harmonisation within Atmospheric Dispers. Modelling for Regulatory Purposes, pp. 664–668 (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Domańska, D., Wojtylak, M.: Air Pollution Forecasting Model Control. Accepted for the Journal of Medical Informatics & TechnologiesGoogle Scholar