Subgraphs Generating Algorithm for Obtaining Set of Node-Disjoint Paths in Terrain-Based Mesh Graphs
- 1.1k Downloads
In the article an algorithm (SGDP) for solving node-disjoint shortest K paths problem in mesh graphs is presented. The mesh graph can represent e.g. a discrete terrain model in a battlefield simulation. Arcs in the graph geographically link adjacent nodes only. The algorithm is based on an iterative subgraph generating procedure inside the mesh graph (for finding a single path from among K paths single subgraph is generated iteratively) and the usage of different strategies to find (and improve) the solution. Some experimental results with a discussion of the complexity and accuracy of the algorithm are shown in detail.
KeywordsNode-disjoint paths battlefield simulation games mesh graph subgraphs generating terrain-based graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Andersen, R., Chung, F., Sen, A., Xue, G.: On Disjoint Path Pairs with Wavelength Continuity Constraint in WDM Networks. In: Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM 2004, Hong Kong (China), March 7-11, pp. 524–535 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Eppstein, D.: Finding common ancestors and disjoint paths in DAGs, Technical Report 95-52, Department of Information and Comp. Science, Univ. of California, Irvine (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Petty, M.D.: Computer generated forces in Distributed Interactive Simulation. In: Proceedings of the Conference on Distributed Interactive Simulation Systems for Simulation and Training in the Aerospace Environment, The International Society for Optical Engineering, Orlando, pp. 251–280 (1995)Google Scholar
- 16.Tarapata, Z.: Multi-paths optimization in unreliable time-dependent networks. In: Proceedings of the 2nd NATO Regional Conference on Military Communication and Information Systems, Zegrze (Poland), October 04-06, vol. I, pp. 181–189 (2000)Google Scholar
- 17.Tarapata, Z.: Approximation Scheduling Algorithms for Solving Multi-objects Movement Synchronization Problem. In: ICANNGA 2009. LNCS, vol. 5495, pp. 577–589. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 20.Tuft, D., Gayle, R., Salomon, B., Govindaraju, N., Lin, M., Manocha, D.: Accelerating Route Planning And Collision Detection for Computer Generated Forces Using GPUS. In: Proc. of Army Science Conference, Orlando (2006)Google Scholar