GOP-Flexible Distributed Multiview Video Coding with Adaptive Side Information
A GOP-flexible multiview video coding (MVC) scheme based on Wyner-Ziv (WZ) coding with adaptive side information (SI) is proposed in this paper. In this scheme, each view is WZ encoded independently at the encoder side, while the views are jointly decoded at the decoder side. Therefore, the communications of different cameras can be avoided at the encoder side. In WZ coding, SPIHT and LDPC are applied to improve compression efficiency. Meanwhile, a flexible MVC structure which can satisfy different bit rate requirements and an adaptive SI selection mechanism which better utilizes temporal and interview correlations to obtain more accurate SI are proposed. The experimental results show better rate-distortion performance of the proposed scheme than other tested schemes.
KeywordsWyner-Ziv coding multiview video coding side information
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Naemura, T., Kaneko, M., Harashima, H.: Compression and Representation of 3-D images. IEICE Trans. INF. & SYST. E82-D(3), 558–565 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Wilburn, B., Joshi, N., Vaish, V., Levoy, M., Horowitz, M.: High speed video using a dense camera array. In: Proc. CVPR, pp. 161–170 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Lou, J., Cai, H., Li, J.: A real time interactive multiview video system. Presented at the 13th ACM Int. Conf. Multimedia, Singapore, November 6-11 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Kimata, H., Kitahara, M.: Multi-view video coding based on scalable video coding for free-viewpoint video. ISO/IEC JTCI/SC29/WG11 M11571, Hong Kong (January 2005) Google Scholar
- 5.Ho, Y., Yoon, S., Kim, S.: A framework for multi-view video coding using layered depth image. ISO/IEC JTCI/SC29/WG11 M11582, Hong Kong (January 2005) Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, H., Liang, J., Kuo, J.: Overview of robust video streaming with network coding. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 1(1), 36–50 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Ito, A., Makino, S.: Designing side information of multiple description coding. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 1(1), 10–19 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Lu, Z., Li, Y.: Image compression based on mean value predictive vector quantization. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 1(3), 172–178 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Wang, A., Zhao, Y., Pan, J.: Residual distributed video coding based on LQR-hash. Chinese Journal of Electronics 18(1), 109–112 (2009)Google Scholar