AWARE: Autonomous Wireless Agent Robotic Exchange
The Autonomous Wireless Robotic Agent Exchange (AWARE) system revolves around autonomous self-organizing wireless networks that provide end-to-end communication via a wireless medium. It provides an immediate communication solution to disaster stricken regions and to inaccessible geographical areas where wireless communication is the only viable option,but most current systems suffer due to their static nature. AWARE has many real-world applications related to search and rescue, disaster recovery, military and commercial industries.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Washington Post, Haiti raises earthquake toll to 230,000 (February 10, 2010), http://www.washingtonpost.com
- 2.Public health risk assessment and interventions. Haiti, Earthquake (January 2010), http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2010/WHO_HSE_GAR_DCE_2010.1_eng.pdf
- 3.Predator RQ-1 / MQ-1 / MQ-9 Reaper - Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), USA, Airfoce Technology, http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/predator/
- 4.Jian-Jun, Z., Ru-Qing, Y., Wei-Jun, Z., Xin-Hua, W., Jun, Q.: Research on Semi-automatic Bomb Fetching for an EOD Robot. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems 4(2) (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Nguyen, H.G., Pezeshkian, N., Gupta, A., Farrington, N.: Maintaining Communication Link for a Robot Operating in a Hazardous Environment. In: ANS 10th International Conference On Robotics and Remote Systems for Hazardous Environments, Gainesville, FL, March 28-31 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Mars Exploration Rovers, NASA (October 2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Timotheou, S., Loukas, G.: Autonomous Networked Robots for the Establishment of Wireless Communication in Uncertain Emergency Response Scenario. In: Stochastic Agents: SAC 2009, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A, March 8-12 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Buchele, S.F.: Using OLPC Laptop Technology as a Computer Science Case Study Learning Tool. The Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges 24(4), 130–136 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Smith, A., Matson, E.T.: Use of Antennas as Sensors to Discover Signals to Form Mobile Broadband Networks. In: Proceeding of the 2009 IEEE Sensors Conference, Christchurch, New Zealand, October 25-28 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Ko, A., Lau, H.Y.K.: Robot Assisted Emergency Search and Rescue System With a Wireless Sensor Network. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology 3 (February 2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Pezeshkian, N., Nguyen, H.G., Burmeister, A.: Unmanned Ground Vehicle Radio Relay Deployment System For Non-line-of-sight Operations. In: 13th IASTED International Conference on Robotics and Applications, Würzburg, Germany, August 29-31 (2007)Google Scholar