Campus Móvil: Designing a Mobile Web 2.0 Startup for Higher Education Uses
In the intersection between the mobile Internet, social software and educational environments, Campus Móvil is a prototype of an online application for mobile devices created for a Spanish university community, providing exclusive and transparent access via an institutional email account. Campus Móvil was proposed and developed to address needs not currently being met in a university community due to a lack of ubiquitous services. It also facilitates network access for numerous specialized activities that complement those normally carried out on campus and in lecture rooms using personal computers.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jaokar, A., Fish, T.: The Innovator’s Guide to Developing and Marketing Next Generation Wireless/Mobile Applications, futuretext (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.O’Reilly, T.: What Is Web 2.0: Design Patterns and Business Models for the Next Generation of Software (2005), http://tim.oreilly.com/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html
- 3.Brandt, J., Weiss, N., Klemmer, S.R.: txt 4 l8r: Lowering the Burden for Diary Studies Under Mobile Conditions. In: CHI 2007 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, San Jose, CA, USA (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Brandt, J., Weiss, N., Klemmer, S.R.: Designing for Limited Attention, Technical Report, CSTR 2007-13 (2007), http://hci.stanford.edu/cstr/reports/2007-13.pdf
- 5.Castells, M., Fernandez-Ardevol, M., Linchuan Qiu, J., Sey, A.: Mobile Communication and Society: A Global Perspective. MIT Press, Cambridge (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Levinson, P.: Cellphone: The Story of the World’s Most Mobile Medium and How It Has Transformed Everything. Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Steinbock, D.: The Mobile Revolution: The Making of Worldwide Mobile Markets. Kogan Page (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Steinbock, D., Noam, E.M.: Competition for the Mobile Internet. Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar