Using ELECTRE TRI Outranking Method to Evaluate Trustworthy Software
Trustworthy software evaluation is taken as the multi-criteria decision aiding process in this paper. The use of ELECTRE TRI method for evaluating software trustworthiness is presented. Software under evaluation is compared with some predefined norms and is assigned to one of trust levels. The entire evaluating process is described, including definition of problem situation and formulation, determination of the model and its parameters, and the application of the model. A metric for trustworthiness and an attributes weighting method are also presented. Some practical considerations are discussed in the final part of the paper.
Keywordstrustworthy software evaluation models ELECTRE TRI method MCDA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schneider, F.B.: Trust in cyberspace. National Academic Press, New York (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.National Software Strategy Steering Group.: Software 2015: A National Software Strategy to Ensure U.S. Security and Competitiveness. Center for National Software Studies (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Sen, C.G., Baracli, H.: A Brief Literature Review of Enterprise Software Evaluation and Selection Methodologies: A Comparison in the Context of Decision-Making Methods. In: Proceedings of 5th International Symposium on Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, SaKarya, pp. 874–883 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Trustworthy software tools and integration environment, http://www.trustie.org
- 13.Mousseau, V., Slowinski, R., Zielniewicz, P.: ELECTRE TRI 2.0a Methodological Guide and user’s Manual. In: Document du LAMSADE, vol. 111, Universite Paris-Dauphine (1999)Google Scholar