Application of Bayesian a Priori Distributions for Vehicles’ Video Tracking Systems
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) helps to improve the quality and quantity of many car traffic parameters. The use of the ITS is possible when the adequate measuring infrastructure is available. Video systems allow for its implementation with relatively low cost due to the possibility of simultaneous video recording of a few lanes of the road at a considerable distance from the camera. The process of tracking can be realized through different algorithms, the most attractive algorithms are Bayesian, because they use the a priori information derived from previous observations or known limitations. Use of this information is crucial for improving the quality of tracking especially for difficult observability conditions, which occur in the video systems under the influence of: smog, fog, rain, snow and poor lighting conditions.
KeywordsIntelligent Transportation Systems video tracking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aczel, A.D.: Complete Business Statistic. Richard D. Irwin (1993)Google Scholar
- 2.Bar–Shalom, Y.: Multitarget–Multisensor Tracking: Applications and Advances, vol. II. Artech House, Norwood (1992)Google Scholar
- 3.Blackman, S., Poupoli, R.: Modern Tracking Systems. Artech House, Norwoood (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Blackman, S.: Multiple–Target Tracking with Radar Applications. Artech House, Norwood (1986)Google Scholar
- 5.Boers, Y., Ehlers, F., Koch, W., Luginbuhl, T., Stone, L.D., Streit, R.L. (eds.): Track Before Detect Algorithm. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Hindawi (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Coué, C., Pradalier, C., Laugier, C.: Bayesian Programming Multi–Target Tracking: an Automotive Application. In: Int. Conf. on Field and Service Robotics, Lake Yamanaka, Japan, July 14–16 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Coué, C., Fraichard, T., Bessiére, P., Mazer, E.: Using Bayesian Programming for Multi–Sensor Multi–Target Tracking in Automotive Applications. In: Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Taipai, Taiwan, May 12–17 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Gindele, T., Brechtel, S., Schröder, J., Dillmann, R.: Bayesian Occupancy Grid Filter for Dynamic Environments Using Prior Map Knowledge. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Klein, L.A.: Sensor Technologies and Data Requirements for ITS. Artech House ITS library, Norwood (2001)Google Scholar