A New Challenge of Microgrid Operation
The microgrid is a small-scale power system, which is composed of distributed generators, distributed storage systems, and loads. Currently, the microgrid has been studied in many countries because of being an eco-friend power system, supplying good power quality, and including renewable energy sources such as solar power and wind power. It is anticipated that the microgrid will be introduced to distribution power systems in the near future. According to operational and geographical conditions, the microgrid is operated by two modes: the grid-connected mode and the islanded mode. In this paper, backgrounds of the microgrid are described. Microgrid operation is classified in detail. A mathematical model based on linear programming and an example of a multiagent system for microgrid operation are introduced.
Keywordsmicrogrid microgrid operation grid-connected mode islanded mode agent-based microgrid operation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Barnes, M., Kondoh, J., Asano, H., Oyarzabal, J., Ventakaramanan, G., Lasseter, R., Hatziargyriou, N., Green, T.: Real-Word MicroGrids – An Overview. In: 2007 International Conference of System of Systems Engineering, pp. 1–8 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, H.-M., Kinoshita, T.: Multiagent System for Microgrid Operation based on a Power Market Environment. In: INTELEC 2009, incheon, Korea (October 2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Wooldridge, M.: An Introduction to Multiagent Systems, 2nd edn. A John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., Chichester (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Barnes, M., Kondoh, J., Asano, H., Oyarzabal, J., Ventakaramanan, G., Lasseter, R., Hatziargyriou, N., Green, T.: Real-Word MicroGrids – An Overview. In: 2007 International Conference of System Engineering, pp. 1–8 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Kinoshita, T. (ed.): Building Agent-based Systems, The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE), Japan (2001) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 10.Smith, R.G.: The Contract Net Protocol: High-level Communication and Control in a Distributed Problem Solver. IEEE Trans. on Computer C-29(12) (December 1980)Google Scholar
- 11.Weiss, G. (ed.): Multiagent Systems: A Modern Approach to Distributed Artificial Intelligence. The MIT press, Cambridge (1999)Google Scholar
- 14.IDEA/DASH Tutorial, http://www.ka.riec.tohoku.ac.jp/idea/index.html