Specification Patent Management for Web Application Platform Ecosystem
Diversified usage of web applications has encouraged disintegration of web platform into management of identification and applications. Users make use of various kinds of data linked to their identity with multiple applications on certain social web platforms such as Facebook or MySpace. There has emerged competition among web application platforms. Platformers can design relationship with developers by controlling patent of their own specification and adopt open technologies developed external organizations. Platformers choose a way to open according to feature of the specification and their position. Patent management of specification come to be a key success factor to build competitive web application platforms. Each way to attract external developers such as standardization, open source has not discussed and analyzed all together.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.S.S.A. Board: RSS 2.0 Specification. RSS at Harvard Law 30 (2005) Google Scholar
- 2.Facebook: Facebook Platform Launches with 65 Developer Partners and Over 85 Applications for Facebook (2007), http://www.facebook.com/press/releases.php?p=1319
- 3.Riefler, B.: The Composition of Working Groups in Industry-Specific Standardization Organization. In: Discussion Paper Series from the Institute of Economics and Law, University of Stuttgart (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Eisenmann, T., Parker, G., Van Alstyne, M.: Strategies for two-sided markets. Harvard Business Review 84(10), 92 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Huston, L., Sakkab, N.: Connect and develop. Harvard Business Review 84(3), 58–66 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.OAuth Core Workgroup: OAuth Core 1.0 (2007), http://oauth.net/core/1.0a
- 8.Hammer-Lahav, E.: Explaining OAuth (2007), http://hueniverse.com/2007/09/explaining-oauth/
- 10.Jakobs, K.: Information technology standards, standards setting and standards research. In: Proceedings of Cotswolds Conference, Stanhope Center for Communication Policy Research, pp. 8–9 (2003)Google Scholar