VoD System: Providing Effective Peer-to-Peer Environment for an Improved VCR Operative Solutions
Video-on-Demand (VoD), a popular multicast streaming application needs to provide media streams with at most no delay especially for VCR operations in a peer-to-peer (p2p) environment. This can be achieved by combining the Static Full Stream Scheduling (SFSS) with data managed using Earliest Reachable Merge Tree (ERMT) to service the admission control requests at the Request-Schedule-Server (RSS), which lies between p2p clients and Media-Stream-Server (MSS). Further, the system environment is highlighted for practicable solution for VCR operations with the Ant-Based Search technique (ABS) incorporated in each peer that, heuristically gets the interactive-request video clips from the proximity which is highly efficient enough to trade off maximum delay during interactivity. Moreover, the set-up is very reliable in larger scale. The simulation results endorse the validity for inclusion of a separate schedule server with high caliber peers to handle VCR operations more advantageously.
KeywordsVOD-VCR requests peer-to-Peer multicast streaming scheduling and ant-based search
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Raghuveer, A., Kusmierek, E., Du, D.H.C.: A Network-Aware Approach for Video and Metadata Streaming. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology 17(8) (August 2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Eager, D.L., Vernon, M.K., Zahorjan, J.: Optimal and efficient merging schedules for video-on-demand servers. In: Proc. 7th ACM International Conference on Multimedia, pp. 199–203 (May 1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Qudah, B., Sarhan, N.J.: Towards Enhanced Resource Sharing in Video Streaming with Generalized Access Patterns. IEEE Transactions on ICME 5(1), 219–222 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Yu, H., Zheng, D., Zhao, B.Y., Zheng, W.: Understanding User Behavior in Large-ScaleVideo-on-Demand Systems. In: EuroSys 2006, Leuven, Belgium, April 18-21, pp. 333–344 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Souza, L., Ripoll, A., Yang, X.Y., Hernandez, P., Suppi, R., Luqu, E., Cores, F.: Designing a Video on Demand System for a Brazilian High Speed Network. In: Proceedings of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Mundur, P., Simon, R., Sood, A.K.: End to End Analysis of distributed Video on Demand systems. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia 6(1) (February 2004)Google Scholar