Attribute Reduction for Massive Data Based on Rough Set Theory and MapReduce
Data processing and knowledge discovery for massive data is always a hot topic in data mining, along with the era of cloud computing is coming, data mining for massive data is becoming a highlight research topic. In this paper, attribute reduction for massive data based on rough set theory is studied. The parallel programming mode of MapReduce is introduced and combined with the attribute reduction algorithm of rough set theory, a parallel attribute reduction algorithm based on MapReduce is proposed, experiment results show that the proposed method is more efficiency for massive data mining than traditional method, and it is a effective method effective method effective method for data mining on cloud computing platform.
KeywordsAttribute reduction rough set MapReduce
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Sharer, J., Agrawal, R., Mehta, M.: SPRINTA Scalable Parallel Classifier for Data Mining. In: Proceedings of the 22th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, pp. 544–555 (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Andrew, W., Christopher, K., Kevin, D.: Parallel PSO Using MapReduce. In: Proceedings of 2007 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 7–16 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Abhishek, V., Xavier, L., David, E., Roy, H.: Scaling Genetic Algorithms using MapReduce. In: Proceedings of the 2009 Ninth International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications, pp. 13–18 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Jaliya, E., Shrideep, P., Geoffrey, F.: MapReduce for Data Intensive Scientific Analyses. In: Proceedings of Fourth IEEE International Conference on eScience, pp. 277–284 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Pawlak, Z.: On Rough Sets. Bulletin of the EATCS 24, 94–108 (1984)Google Scholar
- 10.Miao, D., Hu, G.: A Heuristic Algorithm for Reduction of Knowledge. Journal of Computer Research and Development 6, 681–684 (1999) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Skowron, A., Rauszer, C.: The Discernibility Functions Matrics and Fanctions in Information Systems. In: Slowinski, R. (ed.) Intelligent Decision Support CHandbook of Applications and Advances of the Rough Sets Theory, pp. 331–362. Kluwer Academic Publisher, Dordrecht (1991)Google Scholar
- 12.Hadoop MapReduce, http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/
- 14.Wang, G.: Rough Set Theory and Knowledge Acquisition. Xi’an Jiaotong University Press, Xi’an (2001) (in Chinese)Google Scholar