A Study of Map Data Influence on Disaster and Rescue Simulation’s Results
Applying the agent-based simulation system to real cases requires the fidelity of the simulations. It is desired to simulate disasters situations under environments that are close to real ones qualitatively and quantitatively. Maps are a key component of the disaster and rescue simulation system. We propose a method to create more real maps using open GIS data and discuss the simulation results between two maps. Buildings data of one map is generated by programs and the other is created from real data. The experiments show clear difference between the simulation results, and the causes of the difference are discussed.
KeywordsRoad Network Railway Track Rescue Agent Ignition Point Fire Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Göbelbecker, M., Dornhege, C.: Realistic cities in simulated environments - an open street map to robocup rescue converter. In: Fourth International Workshop on Synthetic Simulation and Robotics to Mitigate Earthquake Disaster (SRMED 2009) (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.http://zgate.gsi.go.jp/ch/jmp20/jmp20_eng.html (September 5, 2009)
- 3.http://www.gsi.go.jp/ENGLISH/page_e30210.htm (September 5, 2009)
- 5.Kitano, H., Tadokoro, S., Noda, I., Matsubara, H., Takahashi, T., Shinjou, A., Shimada, S.: Robocup rescue: Search and rescue in large-scale disasters as a domain for autonomous agents research. In: IEEE International Conference on System, Man, and Cybernetics (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/ (September 5, 2009)
- 7.http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main_Page (September 5, 2009)
- 8.Takahashi, T.: RoboCup Rescue: Challenges and Lessons Learned, ch. 14, pp. 423–450. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Takahashi, T., Ito, N.: Preliminary study to use rescue simulation as check soft of urban’s disasters. In: Workshop: Safety and Security in MAS (SASEMAS) at AAMAS 2005, pp. 102–106 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Takahashi, T., Takeuchi, I., Matsuno, F., Tadokoro, S.: Rescue simulation project and comprehensive disaster simulator architecture. In: IEEE/RSJ International Conference in Intelligent Robots and Systems(IROS 2000), pp. 1894–1899 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Takeuchi, I., Kakumoto, S., Goto, Y.: Towards an integrated earthquake disaster simulation system. In: First International Workshop on Synthetic Simulation and Robotics to Mitigate Earthquake Disaster (2003), http://www.dis.uniroma1.it/~rescue/events/padova03/papers/index.html
- 13.de Walle, B.V.(edited), Tyroff, M.: Emergency response information systems: Emerging trends and technologies. Communications of the ACM 50(3), 28–65 (2007)Google Scholar