A New Type of Behaviour-Preserving Transition Insertions in Unfolding Prefixes
A new kind of behaviour-preserving insertions of new transitions in Petri nets is proposed, and a method for computing such insertions using a complete unfolding prefix of the Petri net is developed. Moreover, as several transformations often have to be applied one after the other, the developed theory allows one to avoid (expensive) re-unfolding after each transformation, and instead use local modifications on the existing complete prefix to obtain a complete prefix of the modified net.
KeywordsTransition insertions transformations Petri net unfoldings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chu, T.A.: Synthesis of Self-Timed VLSI Circuits from Graph-Theoretic Specifications. Ph.D. thesis, Lab. for Comp. Sci. MIT (1987)Google Scholar
- 5.Khomenko, V.: Model Checking Based on Prefixes of Petri Net Unfoldings. Ph.D. thesis, School of Comp. Sci., Newcastle Univ. (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Khomenko, V.: Efficient automatic resolution of encoding conflicts using STG unfoldings. IEEE Trans. VLSI Syst. 17(7), 855–868 (2009); Special section on asynchronous circuits and systems Google Scholar
- 8.Khomenko, V.: A new type of behaviour-preserving transition insertions in unfolding prefixes. Tech. Rep. CS-TR-1189, School of Comp. Sci., Newcastle Univ. (2010), http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/publications/trs/papers/1189.pdf
- 11.Rosenblum, L., Yakovlev, A.: Signal graphs: from self-timed to timed ones. In: Proc. Workshop on Timed Petri Nets, pp. 199–206. IEEE Comp. Soc. Press, Los Alamitos (1985)Google Scholar
- 12.Vanbekbergen, P., Catthoor, F., Goossens, G., De Man, H.: Optimized synthesis of asynchronous control circuits from graph-theoretic specifications. In: Proc. ICCAD 1990, pp. 184–187. IEEE Comp. Soc. Press, Los Alamitos (1990)Google Scholar